Ghost and Bones Meringue Cookies • Pull Apart Cheese Bread • Ghost LED
Lights • Candle Centerpieces • Glitter Spiderwebs • Halloween
Fruit Candles • Desserts and Decorations
Ghost and Bones Meringue Cookies
Meringue cookies – economical, gluten-free, pure protein, no fat plus we can make them in all colors, flavors and shapes. What´s not to like? Did I mention they are !oh so easy! to make. For Halloween our favorites are big fat ghosts, crispy on the outside and soft and chewy inside, and creepy but delicious bones.
• 5 large egg whites room temperature
250 gr – 1 1/4 cups of regular or extra fine sugar. **Make extra fine sugar – just give sugar 2 or 3 pulses (no more) on your processor.
• 1/2 tsp lemon juice or 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
• 1 tsp vanilla or mint extract only 3 to 4 drops
• Optional: Orange food coloring (1 red +3 yellow drops)
• Melted chocolate or caramel eyes to decorate
• Preheat oven to 105ºC – 200ºC and place oven rack in the center.
• Line baking sheet with baking paper
• Beat the egg whites until slightly frothy. Add the lemon juice or tartar cream, the extract or colorant and continue beating until they start to form peaks.
• Slowly beat in sugar.
How to make GHOSTS
• Use a 2 “(5 cm) round smooth tip on the pastry sleeve. Place the sleeve perpendicular to the tray by pressing and lifting – see video.
• Bake the meringue ghosts at 105ºC about 1 1/2 hours or until crisp and dry to the touch.
• Use a 1/2 “or 1-cm smooth round tip
• Paint a figure 8 and in the center go straight down finishing with another figure 8 at bottom.
• Bake about 1 hour or until dry to touch. Cool completely on a wire rack.
•Heat a little chocolate in the microwave and paint eyes and mouth with a toothpick or brush.
Cheesey Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
This is no ordinary loaf of bread. Served right from this warm loaf filled with loads of melted cheese and garlic flavor and herbs that you have to share with friends, guests or with the whole family. They all literally have to pull out pieces of it to eat it. So much fun, so very very tasty.
• 1 whole loaf of bread – round or long straight from the bakery.
• 125 gr – 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
• 5 medium garlic cloves minced
• 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
• 1 tbs dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 500 gr.- 2 cups of slices, cubes and grated cheese, soft and meltable your choice and cheese and mozzarella – we used pieces of Havarti, Gouda and Mozzarella cheese.
Make a family of ghosts and use as a centerpiece or put anywhere and everywhere by themselves or with other decorations. Light them up and create a spooky ambience for these Halloween festivities. As easy as they are totally safe and cheap. All you need is some old white sheets or cloth, white glue and LED tea lights you can get on Amazon or in the neighborhood Dollar Store.
Halloween Candleholders, Centerpieces and Glitter Spider Webs
Hallooween is just around the corner. Here are some last minute decorations that you can make easily and with materials that you problably have at home. The first one is the easiest and fastest Halloween Candle Holder you ever made. Elegant, perfect centerpiece for a table or individual guests. There`s also a sophisticated and glitzy spider web made with white glue and a bit of glitter. It´s also flexible and can be used as centerpiece, base for a dish or glass or as a removable stick-on on your windows. Just moisten and place on glass.
(1) Halloween Candle Holder
A glass goblet or martini glass, small Halloween ornaments, short, stout white or yellow candle, a totally red candle inside and out.
• Make a bloody candle. Light the red candle and drop the hot wax onto the sides of the white candle.
• Choose your ornaments, anything you have or can do like a ghost, a bloody finger … maybe add a few sticks etc. put it together and put the glass upside down.
• Place the candle on top of the foot of the cup.
(2) Glitter Spider Web
• Decoration and Removable Window Sticker – for sticker, lightly dab with water with a cloth at the back and press on a glass. When you want to remove it, pull the ends. It will not damage the glass.
Paper, pencil, baking paper or wax paper, white glue, optional glitter.
• Draw a spider web or use our template. It’s easy: Draw lines at 90º then 2 lines that intersect the angles.Attach one line drawing a small loop like a spider web.
• Place the wax paper on top of the drawing
• Draw the webe with white glue.
•Sprinkle a lot of glitter on top and allow to dry between 12 and 24 hours depending on the thickness of the glue. You can also leave it without the glitter – it also looks great for windows.
• Once dry, shake to remove excess glitter.
• Remove from paper by pulling gently at the ends. If it does not come out easily, it is not completely dry. Give it more drying time.
Halloween Candles, Desserts and Decorations with Fruits
We got the tradition of the Jack O´Lantern pumpkin from the Irish, although they made them with large turnips – pumpkins are indigenous to the Amercas. The Celts believed that this lantern lit on the night of All Hallows – from there hallow’een – would ward off evil spirits.
These are our all natural decorations and dessert recomendations for a very spooky Halloween time.
See our video for How to Use.
Jack O’Lantern Decoration Oranges and Tangerines with and without glitter
Apples Candle holders – Oranges and mandarins Candle holders
Orange Fruit and Pudding cups.
Texts, prints, photos and other illustrative materials depicted in GUIDEPOST have been either contributed by the authors of each published work or, to the Magazine’s good-faith knowledge, are in the public domain or otherwise benefit from the allowances of Articles 9(2), 10, 10(bis), and applicable others of the Berne Convention for the Protection of literary and artistic works.