Bailey´s Chocolate Mousse, Strawberry Tiramisu, Hot Chocolate Float
by Mary Canovas
Three easy, quick and totally delectable recipes for the holidays: A boozy dessert, our Bailey´s Chocolate Mousse, an incredible Strawberry Tiramisu with no eggs (or coffee), and a fun, surprisingly delicious hot/cold drink or dessert – our Hot Chocolate Float – with steaming hot chocolate and vanilla ice cream perfect for the whole family. After all, what´s Christmas without hot chocolate? These recipes are keepers and I know you will make them all year round.
With lots of love from our family to yours, here´s wishing you
The Very Best, Happiest, Healthiest and Wealthiest New Year Ever!
Bailey´s Chocolate Mousse – Easy, Fast and No Eggs
Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse is the happy ending to a romantic dinner or get together. For adults only, this mousse is light, smooth with a kick, with the taste of both chocolate and Bailey’s cream liqueur.
So very easy to make, nothing to bake or cook so anyone can whip this up in 10 minutes. Great for these holidays and any day you may want to chill out.
Ingredients: Note: Cups are US cups – 240 ml
• 1 tablespoon – 10 gr. of neutral gelatin
• 90 ml – 1/3 cup cold water
• 50 gr. – 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 level scoops cocoa powder
• 360 ml – 1 1/2 cups of heavy or whipping cream – VERY COLD
• 120 ml – 1/2 cup Bailey´s Irish Cream very cold
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Optional: Chocolate curls, whipped cream for garnish
• Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a small saucepan, stir slightly and allow 2 minutes to soften or bloom.
• Heat over low heat stirring until completely dissolved. You can also put it in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds – always at 10-second intervals – IT MUST NOT BOIL. Stir and put aside.
• Mix sugar and cocoa.
• In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream at low speed until it begins to thicken.
• Add the sugar and cocoa mixture until soft peaks begin to form.
• Add Bailey´s and vanilla extract to the room temperature or warm gelatin. Stir well to blend.
• Continue beating the cream at high speed gradually pouring in the gelatin mix.
• Continue beating until everything is incorporated and soft peaks form – it will take a few minutes.
• Pour into glasses and refrigerate to cool for at least 1 hour or until it is to be served.
• Garnish with whipped cream and / or with chocolate curls.
Heavenly Strawberry Tiramisu – No Eggs – No Cooking
Strawberry Tiramisu is a perfect dessert. It is lighter than the classic tiramisu – no eggs, no coffee or caffeine in a whipped cream and cream cheese base. There´s no cooking, no gelatin but lots of strawberries and strawberry flavor. You can make it with or without alcohol.
It is so easy to make, this recipe will be one of your “go to” recipes not only for holidays but all year round.
• 500 gr. Strawberries
• 350 gr. Strawberry jam
• 1/4 cup water
• 500 gr. Cream cheese
• 500 gr. Cream of milk or cream
• 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
• 5 tablespoons sugar
• 20 to 22 sponge lady fingers – (soletillas)
• Chocolate curls (optional)
• Optional: Cointreau
Preparation: Ingredients: 4 or more tablespoons sugar – juice of 1/2 lemon
• Wash and dry strawberries blotting with a paper towel. Cut the strawberries into slices leaving the two outer sides of each strawberry aside in a bowl. (See video)These will be placed on top of the tiramisu.
• Place the inner slices in another bowl. These will be used in the filling.
• Mix 4 or more tablespoons of sugar and the juice of half a lemon.
• Pour half of the lemon mix into one bowl and the other half into the other bowl and stir both to combine and set both aside.
• Whip heavy cream at medium high speed incorporating 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla or Optional: 1 tablespoon Cointreau or orange liqueur when it starts to thicken. Continue beating on high speed until firm peaks are formed (VERY IMPORTANT).
• In another bowl beat cream cheese and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 3 tablespoons of sugar (to taste) ´til well blended.
• Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
• Mix marmalade with water for nonalcoholic or with equal amount of Cointreau until well combined and smooth consistency. If necessary add more water or more jam depending on your marmalade.
• Dip the ladyfingers in the marmalade mixture. Instead of dipping you can brush them with the jam mix after placing them in the dish.
• Place one layer of these ladyfingers on the bottom of the dish.
• Cover with half of the cheese and whipped cream mixture and smooth out with a spatula.
• Top with a layer sliced strawberries.
• Dip the rest of the ladyfingers in the marmalade mixture and layer them on top of the strawberries.
• Cover with remaining mixture of Chantilly and cream cheese and smooth out.
• Place round cut strawberries on top.
• Decorate with chocolate curls.
• Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Hot Chocolate Float – Frozen Hot Chocolate.
If you´ve never tried it, it probably sounds weird but it’s addictive and delicious. Whether it´s cold or hot (Christmas Beach Vacation), hot chocolate is a must for the holidays. So this is the best of both worlds. Hot homemade chocolate topped with a huge scoop of vanilla (or mint) ice cream and whipped cream. Great all year round and especially during the Holiday Season. Merry Christmas and a Healthy AND Wealthy New Year!
Ingredients: 2 cups
• 1 and 1/2 cups – 360 ml. hot milk
• 1/2 cup – 120 ml. cream of milk or cream
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa or 3 tablespoons Nesquik, Cola Cao etc.
• 1 cup – 175 gr. chocolate chips
• 1 pinch cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons sugar (less if using Nesquik)
• Chocolate syrup or Chocolate Fudge
• Vanilla or mint ice cream
• Whipped cream
• Optional: chocolate curls or sprinkles
Heat the milk, heavy cream, unsweetened cocoa, chocolate chips, cinnamon and sugar in a saucepan stirring until all the chocolate is melted.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO PREPARE, depends on tastes:
1. The Classic: Pour hot chocolate into a cup and drop a large scoop of ice cream on top of the hot chocolate. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate syrup and optional chocolate curls or sprinkles. Serve with teaspoon.
2. Upside Down Float: Put 1 large scoop of ice cream into a cup and pour hot chocolate on top. Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup and optional some chocolate curls or sprinkles. Serve with teaspoon.
Featured image/krakenimages on Unsplash
Texts, prints, photos and other illustrative materials depicted in GUIDEPOST have been either contributed by the authors of each published work or, to the Magazine’s good-faith knowledge, are in the public domain or otherwise benefit from the allowances of Articles 9(2), 10, 10(bis), and applicable others of the Berne Convention for the Protection of literary and artistic works.