Ferrero Rocher Copycat Recipe, Cream Strawberry Santas, Mini Christmas Trees, Chocolate Walnut Fudge, Glitter Nails, Paper Star, Lemon Candles
First off, I´d like to share with you holiday greetings from our show En Casa Contigo with Silvia Tortosa. It was a fun gathering with most of our guest experts at our Christmas party. Thank all of you who watch us every week.
Here´s wishing you and yours
The Holidays are already here. So many things to do and too little time. Here are some money saving alternatives from sweets to decorations to fashion.
Wouldn´t you just love to really indulge yourself, family and friends on lots and lots of delicious Ferrero Rocher bonbons without breaking the bank? I´ve got the perfect solution. It´s easy – no cooking – and inexpensive ingredients. I really think the taste is about as close as you can get to the original. I do recommend you do the final cover of chocolate with ganache* instead of just melted chocolate for a lighter touch. But either way, you´ll be surprised at the results and you will make a lot of people very happy.
Here are the ingredients in English and the full tutorial at EnCasaContigo:
• 3/4 cups – 115 gr. ground hazlenuts (preferably ground at home)
• 1 cup – 250 gr. Preferably Nutella or Nocilla if you can´t find Nutella
• 3/4 cup taza – 18 gr ice cream wafers or cones crumbled
• 1/4 cup 40 gr. whole hazelnuts
• 3/4 cup – 180 gr. Melted chocolate or ganache
*Ganache is made with 1 cup hot almost boiling heavy cream. Remove from stove. Add 300 gr. chocolate in pieces. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Use to coat cakes, candies… or refrigerate and use as the basis for truffles. Check our truffles recipe on the web for how to.
• With a fork completely mix the ground hazelnuts with the Nutella
• Put in freezer 1/2 hour to harden.
• Make ball with hands and fill each one with a whole hazelnut
• Roll in the wafer crumbs.
• Place in freezer 10 minutes
• Remove from freezer and cover lightly with melted chocolate or ganache
• Return to refrigerator till hardened.
• Serve and enjoy. Makes approximately 20 depending on size.
These bite size treats will go quickly. Make enough for a crowd. Feel free to add 1 tablespoon of Cointreau for an even more festive touch.
• 8 Large Strawberries
• 1/3 cup (80ml) cold Philadephia cream cheese
• 1/3 cup (80ml) heavy cream
• 3 tblspns. Sugar to taste
• 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
• Remove stems from strawberries. This will be your bottom half.
• Cut the top third of each strawberry (the hat) – leave aside.
• Beat the cheese, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla with a wisk or an electric beater until they form peaks.
• Top the bottom part with cream mix (see picture) and top with “hat” and decorate the tummy and top of the hat (it´s easier, but not necessary, with a pastry bag) . Using a toothpick, make tiny eyes with chocolate syrup.
• If not serving immediately, refrigerate.
Haven´t got room for a traditional tree? Need something to brighten up your desk or room for the holidays? There´s is nothing better, easier or more affordable than our tinsel cone trees. But, basically it comes down to making a paper cone of any size and attaching a garland/s of tinsel of any color or size you like with hot glue or scotch tape at the base. Then winding your way up to the top of the tree, anchor the whole thing with another dollop of hot glue or tape. Instant and beautiful Christmas!
Check out our tutorial for full instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJ5-KfCHK8.
Fudge is great all year round but at Christmas it´s an essential. Here are the ingredients and a link to see how to make it at my web:
• 3 cups – 510 gr – chocolate – use your preference milk, dark or mixture of both
• 400 gr or4 oz condensed milk
• 2 tblspns butter
• 2 cups – 100gr – mini-marshmallows o cut up regular marshmallows, Pinch of salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup – 130 gr.- chopped walnuts
Glitter nail polish is almost a requisite for the holidays. You can buy it or make it yourself in all the colors of the glitter rainbow. But the easiest way to get a variety of glitter at a minimum of expense is to make it yourself with clear polish and whatever color/s glitter you prefer. Then you can apply it alone in one or more layers or brush in over your regular color nail polish for a glitter look.
All you need is clear nail polish, glitter. Just pour the amount you want (if you want more or less cover) into the clear nail polish and shake. Always shake well before using and remember you can give your nails as many coats as you like to get the sparkle you want.
Go to my web to see how to:
Christmas snowflakes or stars for any time of the year. They´re easy and fun to make, so economical and versatile. As a tree topper. As a wall or hanging decoration. Use any kind of paper. All you need is paper, a hot glue gun or scotch tape and scissors. Decorate with glitter. Flowers, tiny stars… We show you how to, step by step in our tutorial
These are just lovely in any table arrangement and you can even make them with bits of old candles. Use them at holiday time and throughout the year. We show you how in En Casa Contigo:
Texts, prints, photos and other illustrative materials depicted in GUIDEPOST have been either contributed by the authors of each published work or, to the Magazine’s good-faith knowledge, are in the public domain or otherwise benefit from the allowances of Articles 9(2), 10, 10(bis), and applicable others of the Berne Convention for the Protection of literary and artistic works.