Menu ≡ ╳
- Time Out
- Money Matters
- Blogs & Archives
- Classified Ads
Bloody Necklace, Easy Ghost Decoration, Bloody Mary Cocktail
by Mary Canovas
Beware! Even if we´re confined or restricted at home or to a community or country, Halloween is still coming. But that doesn´t mean you and yours can´t have a little fun spooking around the house. Since we´re almost there, here are 3 very easy, very quick and inexpensive ideas to creepy up your holiday. Above all, have as much fun as you can – remember just like Christmas, Halloween comes around only once a year and we all need a break this year.
Happy Halloween to all and most of all – keep safe!
Watch out for tiny goblins and vampires!
BLOODY NECKLACE 9.43 min.
Haven´t got a costume or gory look yet? You´re going to love this one. Sooooooo easy but sooooo impressive. Creepy but elegant, bloody but tasteful (especially for vampires). All you need is a glue gun and nail polish. Wear it as a choker (even sounds creepy, right?) or as a ribbon or chain necklace pendant.
• Glue gun and glue
• Ribbon or thread
• Deep red Nail Polish
• Oven paper
• Optional: clasp
How to: For choker
• Measure neck circumference – complete circle or only half.
• Add to that 7 ”- 17 cm on each side for a complete circle and more if it´s a half circle. *See video.
• If you are going to use clasps, make sure the necklace goes all the way around and insert them into both sides of the necklace when making it.
• Place the ribbon or thread on a piece of baking paper and lightly glue the edges (or as far as the blood will go) so that it is straight.
• First paint a line over the thread or ribbon with glue. Then go back over the line tracing irregular drops of blood.
• Once dry, paint once or twice with nail polish.
How To: For pendant necklace
• Measure how long you want it, and follow the directions above.
• Insert jump rings at each end and attach ribbon or chain.
SUPER FAST HALLOWEEN GHOST DECORATION 6.14 min.
You need at least one decoration for the holiday and this one is quick, uses recycled soda pop bottles and little more. Make one or many, get creative with the faces – ghosts, Jack o´lantern, Frankenstein… Get the kids to help and join in the fun.
• Plastic PET bottle (best without ridges), any size, Brush, Black Acrylic paint
• Cut the top and bottom of the PET bottle
• Fill with cotton or pillow filling and cover
• Paint eyes and face with Black paint
BLOODY MARY 4.45 min.
The Bloody Mary cocktail was invented in the 1920s in New York at the famous St. Regis Hotel. It is one of the most popular cocktails in the world and is usually drunk in the morning or in the afternoon before meals and especially for brunches. Its popularity is also due to the fact that it is considered a hangover cure. There are different versions of how it got its name but the most popular is that it referred to Queen Mary of England – named by her enemies for the executions of English Protestants as Bloody Mary. We give you the authentic recipe direct from New York. To make the alcohol-free version known as Virgin Bloody Mary, just omit the vodka from the recipe.
• 1 and 1/2 oz. – 45 ml vodka
• 1/2 cup – 120 ml tomato juice
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice or juice
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or 4 to 6 drops Tabasco
• 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, Perrins type
• 1 sprig of Celery to serve
• Place 4 or 5 ice cubes in a tall cocktail glass. Set aside
• Place 1cup of ice in a cocktail shaker.
• Add all the ingredients and shake ´til very cold.
• If there is any water in the glass, remove it and leave the ice.
• Strain the drink from the shaker into the prepared glass with ice.
• Serve with a celery stick and half a lemon wedge
Texts, prints, photos and other illustrative materials depicted in GUIDEPOST have been either contributed by the authors of each published work or, to the Magazine’s good-faith knowledge, are in the public domain or otherwise benefit from the allowances of Articles 9(2), 10, 10(bis), and applicable others of the Berne Convention for the Protection of literary and artistic works.